Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Right Exercise for Back Pains

“99 ABC’s of Wellness” Article Credit: The original article 99 ABC’s of Wellness is by Mylene Mendoza-Dayrit, which has appeared on the Philippine Star on January 12, 1999.

Principle #9: The Right Exercise for Back Pains

"Up to 90% of all back pains are caused by either weak back muscles, weak abdominal muscles, or both. Lack of the right exercise is bad for your back." (excerpt from the original article)

According to Thomas E. Hyde, DC of spine-health.com, back and abdominal muscle exercise should be a part of the daily routine of good health just like tooth brushing. It should take around ten to twenty minutes of this kind of exercises each day to obtain optimal benefit.

It is a little startling for me when I have first learned about this information. I mean, if you are not exercising your back and abdominal muscles, it is as if you are not brushing your teeth. I have no idea that it is that important. I can imagine that many people out there do not even think of doing this on a daily basis.

I have tried to look for a video of a good back muscle-exercise technique that most people would find easy to do. I have found one from You Tube by David Wicker, which is a series of bird-dog exercises. I have provided the You Tube link to the video because for a reason I am not aware of, the embed code is not working. The video below is from the You Tube website, which link is provided here: 
http://youtu.be/T4ioJZHSBig


However, to be sure and practical, seek professional assistance before beginning any exercise especially if you are already experiencing back pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...