Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Obesity, Fats and Calories!

Image from Tru-Strength.com
I used to be skinny but now I’m stuck with a bulging belly and double chin. I probably weigh close to 180 lbs. I don’t know when and how I started to grow laterally but the added weight has affected me negatively. Perhaps, my sedentary lifestyle has largely contributed to my condition but it is not because I don’t exercise, I couldn’t exercise enough. I have been on a wheel chair for more than twenty years now and since I’m a paralytic, my movements are limited. Before, I could still lift my body up but now, I could not get up without help. I’d need to ask someone to carry me so I could ride a vehicle (that's primarily because of my paralysis).

Manuel Uribe, the fattest man in the world suffered from almost the same experience. He was not a paralytic but his lifestyle had been sedentary. He was in his twenty’s when he began to grow. He used to drive from home to work and his job required him to sit down on his table for his entire working time. Too much eating and no exercise brought him to his undesirable situation.

Apparently, the factors that contribute to obesity are too much calories in the food that we eat and a sedentary lifestyle. So, how do we manage these factors? The idea is eat less and burn more.

Normally, the body needs 1,200 calories of food daily as body fuel. If there are unused calories, the body will store those as fats. Once you’ve gained for example, a pound of fat, you’ll need to burn 3,500 calories to lose that. On the average, we burn 50 calories per hour but if you do stationary jogging for 15 minutes straight, you can burn around 141 calories. If you’ll do that 3 times a day, you can burn 423 calories a day. If you’ll do it continuously, you can shed off a pound of fat in 8 ½ days, if you won’t add more fats to that 1 extra lb.

By keeping a healthy lifestyle, you can avoid many health problems. Live healthy to enjoy life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...